Apparently, in order to lose weight you need to do more than just wish that you weighed less. Apparently, you need to adjust your eating and exercise. Which, I have not.
Soooo, I know how this goes. I've struggled with my weight ever since my pre-teen years. I have to get to the point where I absolutely can not stand it anymore before I get serious about doing what I need to do to lose weight. I think I may have reached that point.
We had a birthday party for Wyatt on Saturday. We had our families and a couple friends here. There were lots of cameras snapping to capture the fun. Unfortunately, my sister-in-law captured a bit more than just the fun. I was in the frame for several shots helping Wyatt with his gifts as he was opening them. And, there it was. My much-larger-than-I-realized bottom.
It's really, really big. I mean I don't see it that often unless someone takes a picture of me. I don't own a full-length mirror. I rarely shop for clothes so I don't get a full-length view that way. I knew I was much larger than I wanted to be. I knew that my 'fat' pants are way too tight. But, I really didn't realize exactly how out of control things in the back had gotten.
Therefore, unless I am content leaving things as they are, which I am not, I must make some changes. Instead of thinking of all the things that I shouldn't eat (so restrictive), I'm going to brainstorm some yummy stuff that I CAN eat and still work toward achieving my goal. I'm going to list a few of my ideas...please feel free to give me some more ideas!
Oh, and summer produce is finally starting to come in so I'm going to try to reflect as many fresh items as I can.
- Tomato, Mozzarella, & Basil drizzled with balsamic vinegar & olive oil
- Fresh greens salads with plenty of chopped tomatoes, onions, & a bit of cheese
- Vanilla lowfat yogurt topped with granola or fruit
- Fresh fruit salad flavored with chopped mint & lime juice
- Grilled chicken & veggies
- Sauteed zucchini, tomato, & onions over brown rice
- Smoothies made with fresh fruit & lowfat yogurt
- Home-made pizza, light on the crust, heavy on sauce & veggie toppings
- Frozen grapes, banana slices dipped in yogurt, & blueberries
- Salsa with lots of cilantro & baked tortilla chips
P.S. - I'm not sure if I'm digging my new header. I kind of miss my photo collage header. Any thoughts?