Saturday, May 19, 2012

Whimsical Dresser

Do you remember the turquoise piece I was painting that was sitting on my hillbilly porch.  Well, I'm finally able to reveal what I did.

I bought this dresser off Craigslist....

I committed a big furniture buying 'no no'.  I thought this was the cutest little dresser at a great price ($15), and so when I went to buy it I didn't check it out as carefully as I should have.  The piece was not solid wood (like I thought) & the drawer faces are actually plastic.  Hubby pointed all this out to me when he unloaded it from the van.

I figured this would be a good piece to experiment with.  So, I chose some colors & techniques that are out of my comfort zone.

Here's the result.....


I painted the dresser part turquoise blue.  The drawers & drawer pulls I painted dove grey.  Then I decoupaged a whimsical lime fabric on the raised part of the drawer faces. 

This project caused me a great deal of frustration.  It was a lot more work than I anticipated.  But, I think the finished product is cute.  Now we'll see if anyone from Craigslist agrees with me....

2 comments:

  1. You are just having too much fun...it looks great. Isn't it fun to see a project completed, since motherhood is a long journey of uncompleted projects it is nice to stand back and see something done?
    Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails