Friday, May 14, 2010

Moving Forward

So today my husband & I have officially begun a new adventure.  We just had settlement on a rental property we purchased.  We are landlords now!  I'm still a little shaky.  The settlement itself was pretty nerve-wracking and there were quite a few surprises thrown in the mix.  But we got through it.

I won't go into too many details today.  Like I said, I'm still a bit shaky and I'm not sure I can form coherent sentences.  But, I will say that this is all part of our 5 year plan.  Plus, owning rental property as an investment is something my husband has wanted to do for the last 10 years (since before we were married).  I am not a risk-taker in the least little bit, so this whole process has been way out of my comfort zone.  But, we have been researching, planning, saving for quite a while so the timing seemed right.

Next week I hope to give you some more information...how & why we are doing this and also the mental process I've been going through to prepare for this.  Until then, could you include us in your prayers - that God would give us wisdom and peace.  We'd truly appreciate that.

40 by 40 update:
My quest to lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday is off track to say the least.  I feel like I take a step forward & 2 steps back.  I'm not going to include actual weight amounts today because I'm just so embarrassed.  Let's just say that I gained back the 1/2 pound I lost plus one.  (I think I've mentioned I'm a very emotional eater - and with all these changes going on, emotions have been running high.)

The good news is I can still accomplish my goal if I put my mind to it.  My 40th birthday isn't until November. But, I need to get serious!  Thankfully, summer and fresh produce are on their way.  Summer is usually a good time for me to focus on eating well.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new adventure and for actually having a 5 yr. plan...that must be so exciting for you guys!

    I'm looking forward to fresh produce too...I have to practically take out a loan to get produce these days at the grocery! Makes it hard when you're trying to eat healthier. Lately I can't stay out of the sweets. Hang in there! Making just one or two smart choices a day can make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting ! It is a little nerve wracking but it will be worth it in the end! I agree summer is such a great time to eat fresh produce- that you can afford. Good luck on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails