Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Updates

Well, this is the stuff that is on my mind today so here are some updates...

1. 40 bags in 40 days - Here's another pile of stuff that I'm accumulating to take to a donation store. This time around I've got a bunch of books and magazines and miscellaneous stuff. Today I went through the boy's bookshelves and took out ripped books to toss and ones that never get looked at to donate. Plus I had two huge (and I mean HUGE) boxes of books that were saved from when I was a kid and from when I was teaching. I went through those boxes as well & consolidated those books down to just one box.



I've got decluttering fever! I am ready to toss & give away stuff like never before. Still, it's hard to get past that mentality I have of saving things 'just in case'...just in case I need it sometime, just in case my children would want to have it someday, just in case I want to sell it, etc. etc. Also, I become sentimentaly attached to things. I can remember who gave each toy or stuffed animal to the boys. Many times I can remember the occasion. So, that's another hurdle I need to get beyond, because the boys have too much stuff!

2. Lent - I had some serious sugar cravings over the weekend. I attribute the cravings to stress. And, I REALLY wanted my comfort food. I was irritated and angry without it. But, I held firm! I decided I wanted some baked oatmeal for breakfast after denying myself those oatmeal raisin bars last week. So, I made some last night to have for breakfast this morning. And, I even replaced some of the sugar & butter with applesauce & bananas when I made it. It was still yummy!
I actually don't miss Facebook too much. The part I miss is reading other people's posts & commenting on them or having them comment on mine. I've had a few people tell me they are reading my blog, but it's just not as interactive as facebook. That's what I miss - the interaction.

3. Hubby and I are making some financial decisions right now. I won't say too much about that other than it involves making some changes in our life. And, change always scares me. I'm very much a status quo kinda gal. Oh, I'll dream about change, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, I'd rather not take the risk. So, we are really praying and seeking God's guidance in this area of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails