Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Thoughts

It's the little things that can make such a difference in a day. Little negative things can add up and make a day miserable. But, little positive things can add up to a good day. Sometimes we need to choose to look at the positive things.

Yesterday was a good day. So, I thought I'd share the positive things that made it that way.

1. The sun was shining! I know I'm very much affected by the seasons and the weather. Winter can be a depressing time for me. But, I love Spring! It's my favorite time of year. Yesterday we got a preview of the Spring weather that is on it's way. It was a beautiful day outside & my children were able to go outside to play. Wonderful!

2. My mom came to help me out. I know I am blessed. I live two doors away from my in-laws who are wonderful people and are always happy to help us out. And, my parents live about 35 minutes away. They are also so generous with their time and support! My mom has been coming to our house frequently since Joseph was born to lend a hand.
It was so nice to get a few things done around the house while she was here. But, most of all it's so wonderful to have company...another adult to talk to! And, my boys love the extra attention.

3. I got a closet cleaned out! I cleared out all my maternity clothes and packed them up for my sister who is expecting her first child. It's funny how I always felt like I had nothing to wear while I was pregnant yet I filled a large box & two paper grocery bags with clothes. Then, I brought my regular clothes down from the attic & put them back in the closet.
I'll let you in on a secret. I still don't fit into most of my non-pregnacy clothes. Shhhh. But, I figured getting rid of the maternity stuff & pulling out the others will kind of force me to get serious about losing the weight I gained while I was pregnant. Besides, I can't afford to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe.

4. Joseph is an awesome sleeper! I'm actually a little afraid to talk about it. I don't want to jinx myself. My oldest boys never slept through the night until they were well over one year old. Each of them woke up 2,3, or 4 times a night during that first year or so of their lives. I was always jealous of other moms who said their children had been sleeping through the night since they were 6 weeks old. Honestly, I kind of thought they were exaggerating!
But, now I have a little man who is doing exactly that! Typically he'll go to sleep around 9 p.m. or so. And, even though I'll hear him stir a couple times a night, he'll generally sleep until at least 5:30 or 6 a.m. I get a full night's sleep! And, believe me, that's huge!

5. My house is relatively clutter free right now. 'Relatively' is the operative word. To other people it might still be a clutter nightmare. But, for us, it's actually pretty good...at least the downstairs is. And, I find that the state of my house really affects my mood too. When the mess is out of control, everything seems so much more chaotic. But, when things are neater, I feel better.

There you have it...happy thoughts! And, it looks like today is going to be another beautiful day. So, I'm going to go chase my children away from the t.v. & send them outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails