Saturday, April 7, 2012

Craigslist

There's something you should know about me.  I love Craigslist.


I love to scour the furniture & household listings to see if I can find treasures at a great price.  And, I've done well in buying a few items that otherwise we never could have afforded like...


 - these bookshelves
 - this entertainment armoire

Now I've decided to try my hand at selling some things on Craigslist.  I enjoy refurbishing old furniture & making it pretty again.  It's something I thought about doing to try to resell some pieces.  But, so far it's only been something I've done for fun.  


Well, I listed my first pieces on Craigslist today....


The chair is one I re-did last fall after finding the chair along the side of the road for free.  You can read about that here.

The table I purchased a couple days ago at a little roadside stand I frequent.  I accidentally deleted my before picture.  But, I painted it an almond cream color.




Another item I listed on Craigslist this week...but haven't gotten any nibbles on yet is this carnival glass pedestal compote bowl

I'll keep you posted on how my sales go.  My goal is to save money for our family vacation in October.  I think Craigslist is how I'm going work toward that goal.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I love that bowl!
    It is beautiful.
    sounds like a good idea- I am going to try my hand at ebay again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love free things by the side of the road too. I have been known to slam the car into park and grab something too. I read Craigslist all the time but I have not bought anything yet. I am looking for a good coffee table. That bowl is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I keep saying i am going to list on Ebay....then another day goes by... lol I have to one day :-) Hope you had a nice Easter!

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great idea. There is money to be made on Craigslist. Seems to be better than having a yard sale. We have several things we need to list too. Just keep putting it off. You have inspired me here! Enjoy your day! And Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails