Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quick Update

It's funny how when I started blogging I felt obligated to post at least 4 or 5 times a week.  Now it seems to be a struggle to write something here once or twice a week.  As summer approaches, it does get busier.  But, I still want to record some of our life here.  I hardly ever scrapbook anymore, so this seems to be my one method of documenting memories.

Speaking of scrapbooking, my mother in law & I will be going on our annual scrapbook getaway weekend this weekend.  Our Creative Memories consultant hosts a weekend about an hour and a half south of us in a small, quaint town in Maryland.  Frankly, this is the one and only time during the year that I do any scrapbooking anymore. Mostly I just enjoy getting away!   My main goal now (since I at least have small baby book for each of my boys) is to scrapbook a few of their school pictures/momentos.  I haven't even printed any pictures in who-knows-how-long.  Everything is digital now & there isn't the same rush to print.


I have updated my book recommendations tab with two books I recently read. 
I enjoyed both these books immensely and finished each in just a few days.  Take a look at my book recommendations tab to read more about them.

Also, I wanted to update you on my post about Craigslist I've considered selling things on Craigslist & I decided to give it a go.  My husband and I made a goal for me to earn a certain amount by October for our family vacation.  Well,  so far it's been disappointing indeed.  In spite of listing four different items I haven't sold anything yet.  

I had one interested person in the table and chair I talked about before.  But, when he came to look at them, he decided they weren't exactly what he was looking for.  He was very gracious & nice and he certainly wasn't unkind.  But, that evening I had a bit of a breakdown.  It was disappointment + hormones + pent up frustration + insecurity.  And, it equaled me crying to my husband for 2 1/2 hours.  Ugh.  I'm so glad he loves me enough to listen to me....even though he definitely doesn't understand how or why I work myself into such emotional states. :)

Despite my failed attempts so far to sell anything on Craigslist, it hasn't kept me from buying more.  I know.  That's not helping in the effort to save money for vacation.  But, I have had my eye out for a couple pieces for a while now.  

First, we had a space in our kitchen that has been empty for a while & we wanted a narrow, long side table/buffet to go there.  I found something that wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but I made it work....and it was only $35.


 The white table is the one I purchased.  And, I had temporarily moved another table (that I showed to the guy who came to look at other items I listed on CL) underneath it.  I actually kinda like the way they look together.  And, while this picture doesn't show it, I have more glass jars (with flour & oats) sitting on the shelf of the smaller table now.  It feels very homey to me.

Also, there is another piece that I have contacted the seller about & he said I was the first to respond.  I just need to confirm a pickup time with him.  So, I'll show you a picture of it, but I don't physically have it yet.  This is the picture the seller used on CL.

 This is an 8 foot long storage bench...and it's exactly what I've been looking for to use as extra seating/ storage in my dining room area.  I'm anxious to finalize this purchase!


So, there you have it.  Some bits and pieces from my life right now.  I'll be sure to check in again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails