I know that expression very well!
image found hereThe mealtime battle is one that wears me down. And frankly, sometimes I wonder why I even bother to cook.
But, I know that getting kids involved in the process is one way to get them excited about mealtimes & hopefully to avoid some of the conflict.
So, with some help from mom, we sat down and planned out one week's menu. Each boy (with the exception of the two year old) got to plan 2 meals. Here's what next week looks like....
Kid's Choice Menu
- Cheeseburgers, French Fries, Green Beans, Mandarin Oranges, Ice Cream
- Grilled Cheese, Cooked Carrots, Apple Slices with Peanut Butter, Swirl Cake
- BarBQ Ribs, Mac n Cheese, Corn, Fruit Salad, Pudding
- Chicken Corn Noodle Soup, Homemade Bread, Bananas & Pudding
- Make Your Own Nachos, Bean Salad, Applesauce, Cupcakes
- Make Your Own Pizza, Caesar Salad, Cantaloupe/Watermelon, Milkshakes
Sunday (Mama's Choice)
- Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops (found on Pinterest), Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Veggies
Yes. My kids planned a dessert for every single meal. No. We don't have dessert every single night. But, they were excited about planning these meals, so I decided not to put a damper on their enthusiasm. And, desserts every night for one week isn't the end of the world.
What would your kids choose if they could plan a week's menu?