Monday, September 13, 2010

My Clutter Prayer

Dear Lord,


This morning I woke up to clutter.  Clutter that seems to materialize by itself.


Shoes
Papers
Clothes
Food wrappers
Toys
Tools
Dirty Dishes
Toys
Toys
Toys


I sighed, trying to drum up some motivation to once again tackle this cluttered mess of a house.


But then you reminded me Lord what this clutter means.


We are well fed.
We are well dressed.
We are well cared for.
We are blessed.


Thank you Lord for the clutter.  Now I just ask that you would teach me and teach our family how to keep all that you have given us in order rather than all of it ordering us.


Teach us Lord when we need to let go of certain things, or say no to accumulating others.


And, thank you Lord for your continued blessing and provision.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails