Friday, February 12, 2010

She Read My Mind

Do you ever have days as a mother that you wish someone could read your mind? Well, I have them all the time...especially since I have a husband and sons who aren't exactly intuitive. I often find myself daydreaming that someone would miraculously know what I need and offer it to me no strings attached. Ah, bliss!

Well, today was one of those days that I REALLY wished this could happen. We've been more or less snowed in for a week. My 6 year old has been had school canceled the last 3 days. The boys were going stir crazy. I was going stir crazy! I was seriously chomping at the bit. I needed some time away from all of my little angels and away from my house.

Since I am a Facebook fanatic, I post pretty much everything that crosses my mind there. I mentioned in my posting this morning that I really needed time away. And guess what?! Someone read my mind. Well, technically my Facebook post tipped her off. But, my husband's cousin saw my post, told her mom about it, and, at 9 a.m. that wonderful woman called me and offered to come over with her daughters and niece to stay with my boys.

Can you hear the angels singing? I could! It was exactly what the doctor ordered for this burned out mommy. So, by 10 a.m., the reinforcements arrived with a pot of homemade potato soup and cookies for lunch. I escaped for 2 glorious hours. And, although I didn't do anything earth-shattering...I just ran to the bank and grocery store, it was awesome! When I returned, she had even folded my laundry.

Today I started my day feeling overwhelmed and burned out. But, now, I just feel blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails