Monday, February 15, 2010

One of Those Days

Today is one of those days I find myself spinning my wheels. I have a long list of things I'd like to accomplish, but everything I start something one of my boys needs me or there is some new dispute to resolve. It doesn't make it any easier that my oldest son is home from school for President's Day after having 3 snow days last week! We're all getting on each other's nerves. Fortunately, my husband took Wyatt along on a delivery he had to make, so for a couple hours I just have the 3 other boys.

The bad thing about days like this is that I feel so unable to focus and when I do have that spare moment I end up checking Facebook (rather obsessively actually) or surfing for some other info on the internet. I've come to the conclusion that the computer, while a blessing, can also be a curse. With this blog I'm trying to be more purposeful in my computer time. I actually feel like writing here holds some value (as per the sentiments I voiced in my very first post). But, I'm considering giving up Facebook (the main culprit for wasting my time on the computer) for a period of 40 days...over Lent actually. Can I do it? I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails