Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Kind of Sports

I don't really care for sports. You won't find me getting excited about baseball, football, or basketball. Actually, I find them all rather dull. But, we've been watching bits and pieces of the Winter Olympics in our house and I'm really enjoying it! The luge, downhill skiing, speed skating, snowboarding, etc. are actually exciting to watch. I think in general it's because it's more of an individual competition. Each person has a chance to shine, whereas in group sports the individual isn't as important. Anyway, the winter olympics = my kind of sports.

Two other quick thoughts for the day:

While we were watching parts of the couple's figure skating (which is not really my favorite by the way...it always makes me nervous), my oldest son Wyatt was noticing the outfit of one of the female figure skaters. "Mom", he said. "That girls needs to cover her legs!" I guess he was concerned about her getting cold. :)

Also, today is Valentine's Day. My husband and boys got me a box of variety chocolates. You can never go wrong with chocolate in my book! And, being the nice mommy that I am, I shared my special chocolates with my family. The boys were trying to figure out which chocolate to pick. They realized each one was different, but they kept asking me how you know what's inside. I couldn't resist quoting Forrest Gump, 'Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.' Unfortunately I've had that line stuck in my head the remainder of the day. I guess that's what I get for feeling the need to use movie quotations any chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails