Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Updates

I feel really out of practice writing blog posts. Even though we are all feeling better in our family, I'm having a hard time getting back into the groove. So, for today I'll settle for a smattering of updates.

1. I have updated my weight loss progress on my sidebar. I'm really glad I'm only reporting in once a month instead of once a week. Progress is slow. Losing weight is no easy task after 40 and after having babies. My weight was actually a bit lower last week, but that was because we were sick all week and I just didn't feel like eating. But, sure enough, my appetite returned this weekend. :) Anyway, I feel like Dori in Finding Nemo. 'Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.' Eventually I'll reach my goal.

2. I finished reading Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua. Mama's Minutia mentioned that this book was on her 'to-read' pile. And, it sounded interesting to me.



It was a memoir of sorts written by a woman whose parents had been Chinese immigrants. She modeled her own parenting techniques after the way she'd been raised... 'the Chinese way'. Throughout the whole book she compared Asian parenting to Western parenting. It was eye-opening and a little bit disturbing. But, still an interesting read.

Next up is The Dirty Life, On Farming, Food, and Love by Kristin Kimball. This is another Mama's Minutia recommendation. I'll let you know what I think about this one.


3. I had a great idea the week before we all got sick that one week on my Menu sidebar I would list meals all recommended or found from other blogs. I even have a mostly complete list of a week's meals that I could use. I'm thinking I might make this happen next week. So, keep checking the menu sidebar. You might even see a recipe you've posted on your blog!

4. We've got a new tenant! John and I have a good feeling about her and we are really hoping she'll be a long-term tenant. Thanks for all your prayers!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are starting to feel better. Hang in there on the weight loss goal, slow and steady wins the race in the long run. By the way, I check out your menus all the time, I want to live in your house and eat all those yummy meals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found a tenant you have a good feeling about. Congrats on going down...2.4 lbs. is better than staying the same or going up...I'd take it! I love the idea of recommending meals found on other blogs...I will look forward to seeing those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weight loss just sucks! I really wish there was just a magic pill and that was the end of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails