image found here
1. Don't bother making cherry applesauce. Not a big hit at all. Stick with regular applesauce and make lots of it!
2. Can and freeze more tomatoes!!!! I always end up using them up quite quickly.
3. Can spaghetti sauce and and salsa this year. Every year I want to do this. And, every year for some reason I don't. We use a lot of these items in our house, and it's a great way to use the abundance of tomatoes we usually get in the garden.
4. Plant and freeze green beans. Last year I didn't plant any in my garden because my parents always do and usually have an abundance that they can share. Last year their green beans didn't do well at all and we ended up using store-bought green beans most of the winter. It could be a bumper crop this year, but to be on the safe side, we should plant some too.
5. Experiment this year with growing and freezing some dark, leafy greens like spinach and kale.
6. Experiment this year with freezing herbs.
7. We can never have too much frozen sweet corn. Be sure to freeze plenty.
8. This is the year to can pears again. We've used up the last from previous years. Note: Spiced Pears are not a huge hit. Can them plain.
9. We still have canned cherries to use. If I can any cherries this year, experiment with canning them as pie filling.
10. Homegrown peas and limas this year? Consider this option.
11. Can grape juice and grape jelly this year. We've completely used up what we had. And, the boys love grape juice!
So, do you have any garden plans this year? What types of things do you grow? Can? Freeze? Are you trying anything new this year?