Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Keepin' My Name & Earthquake!

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on my question about whether or not I should change my blog name.  You all pretty much confirmed what I already felt in my heart.  Even as I typed that post I felt kinda sad about possibly changing my name.


The fact is, my blog is 'Stairstep Boys'.  I can't really imagine it being something else now.  And, I'll admit the green-eyed monster had gotten to me.  I saw other blogs that had started around the same time as mine with huge 'follower' numbers & mine seemed piddly in comparison.  I thought that changing my name could change my numbers.


But, I'm gonna nip that jealousy right in the bud, because I can say I am truly grateful for each person who reads my blog.  I've gotten to know some of you in such a way that I feel like I have friends in different places I've never been.  And, that is something pretty special.  


So, take that you green-eyed monster!


Also, as I was typing this we just had an earthquake!  How about other east coasters?  So far I've heard that people in NC, VA, DC all felt it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yea we got rocked in south central PA. I was folding laundry in one side of my house and it started moving. I heard some booms so went to yell at my boys for playing to rough! I quickly realized they could hopefully not do that much destruction yet. ANd I have lived in Los Angles and Seattle but an earthquake her I was unprepared for especially in such an old home. And not historic old, just oh my old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that follower thing always gets me every once in a while too. . .the green-eyed monster knows just how to get me!

    I love your blog name, so glad you aren't changing a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I totally hear you! I started my blog in 2008 (although if you link this comment it won't go back that far as I had to start a new blog to match my gmail account, anyhoo...) and I was SO caught up in the whole 'popular blog' thing. My daughter was a newborn at the time so I was trying to match all the newborn photography and fun baby ideas. I hate to admit that some weekends I even did things I wouldn't normally do (fairs, concerts, farmers markets)...JUST so I could blog about it! How ridiculous was I? I spent hours trying to figure out how to make blog headers and banners (this was before the new easy templates). I even did crafts just to write about it and while all these things are fine, it just wasn't 'me'! I wasn't being authentic. I realized that I just liked followers' and comments. It's been well over a year now and I have deleted the 'folowers' section and comments are disabled too. My blog is now 'boring' and I never expect anyone to read it, but I enjoy it so much more now as I am writing it JUST FOR ME! :) Good luck on your blog journey! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're keeping the name! I think we all suffer from the green-eyed monster from time to time. It's something I need to keep an eye on for sure!

    I didn't feel the earthquake here but my Grandmother did. She lives on the 7th floor of an apartment building and felt it sway. It travelled quite a distance!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails