Friday, April 30, 2010

Consider This

Every now and then I like to give a plug for something that I really enjoy & that I think others will enjoy too.  I've shared some book recommendations and kids videos already.  I'd like to give another plug today, but this is a different kind of plug.

Many years ago a few of the youth from  our church teamed up with a group that was going to Kenya for a missions trip at a children's home.   First, Kenya has a special place in the hearts of my husband and I because before we were married he spent a year there working with a missionary family.  Also, the youth came back changed and inspired by the trip they took.

The group went with a ministry called Shalom Christian Missions.  Shalom is a small ministry that supports one particular children's home in Magunga, Kenya.  For us, it has a more personal feel than some of the other larger child sponsorship organizations.  And, we can see directly how our money is helping the children of that area.

If you have ever considered sponsoring a child I would strongly suggest you check out Shalom's sponsorship page.  There you will see the pictures of several children who are waiting for sponsors.  Several of them are urgent needs.  Thank you for prayerfully considering this.
Irine

Nelson


On an entirely different note, I'm somewhat discouraged with my 40 by 40 goal.  I hesitantly shared my starting weight last week.  And, although, I THOUGHT I was eating in moderation this week, my weight went up by 2 pounds!!??  Trying not to let that get me down.  But, unfortunately I don't have much to share as far as an update goes other than that disappointing news.

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails