Tuesday, May 17, 2011

House Tour & Furniture Projects Preview

* This was my post from Thursday, May 12 that went missing in action when Blogger when a little haywire last week.  This morning they returned the post to my drafts so I am republishing it.  It puts some things a little out of order (i.e. - my side table re-do which I unveiled yesterday, Monday May 16) but it also tells you what I have planned for this week.




If you missed the 3 part series on Home Stewardship I posted this week you can go back and read them here (Part1 - The Dilemna), here (Part2 - The Practical Stuff), and here (Part 3 - The Heart of the Matter).  Writing those posts was very therapeutic for me, reminded me of some truths that I need to embrace, and re-energized me.  I'm on a roll and I can't stop now!





So next week I've decided to take you on a tour (of sorts) of my house.  This isn't going to be a braggy kind of tour.  I actually am going to have to put my pride aside to show you some of the things I want to show.  But, here's my thinking...Opening my home to others is a struggle for me.  So this is a first step.  I know you guys are so kind, so it's easy for me to open up to you and show you the reality of our house.  Also, it will be a source of motivation to keep moving forward in the decluttering process.  





I think our homes can also reflect so much of our personalities and what our daily lives really look like.  So, I also would like to open this up to you all.  I would love to get to know you better.  Would you consider doing a house tour too?  If I can figure out how to do a linky party I'll try that.  Even if I don't figure that out, maybe you'd still like to show us some bits and pieces of your house.  If you do, please let me know so I can come check it out!





Anyway, this is what next week's House Tour will probably look like....





 - A Current Project - Linoleum Be Gone

 -  A Finished Project - Upstairs Bathroom

 - The Bedrooms - Large Family, Small Spaces

 - Family Living Areas

 - The "Junk" Room - Taking Back Valuable Space





Also, I am super excited about some furniture finds I've recently had.





This cute little table was $2 at a yard sale....









This is the Before picture.  With any luck I should be ready to show you the after pictures tomorrow.  I've finished sanding it and now I just need to...   Well, how about this?  You stop back tomorrow to see what I decided to do.





Also, I found this beauty for FREE at the side of the road yesterday.









Isn't she pretty?  I couldn't believe my luck when I saw her sitting there.  She was begging to come home with me.  I'm still trying to decide what to do with her.  It's hard to tell in this picture but she does need some TLC.  Her cushion is old and dirty/stained.  And, some of the finish is worn off and she's a little rickety in places.  While I really like the drama & mystery of the dark wood I may just paint her....black?  white?   I'm not sure yet.  This project will take me a little longer to repost after pics, but I just had to share.





Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your last three posts Karen, sorry time has slipped away from me and I was unable to comment, but I so agree with everything you had to say. It was very motivational and inspirational all rolled up into one!:)
    It feels so good to have a plan doesn't it! I can hear it in your voice (words) you sound ready to tackle the world...or at least your home!!:)
    Cannot wait to see more.
    Have a happy day

    great finds...as usual!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails