Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crazy Busy

The title says it all.  I've been crazy busy lately.  I've wanted to do more writing here, but other things (like my children...and laundry) need to take priority.
image found here

I do want to share a little more about my birthday celebration weekend away with my husband.  I think he was a little hurt when he saw the one short paragraph I wrote about it on my last post.  He spent a lot of time and energy planning a fun and relaxing weekend.


Unfortunately I forgot my camera that weekend!  And there was some amazing scenery.  But, my friend's Melissa and Craig brought theirs.  So, my plan is to get them to e-mail me a few pictures that I can then share on here.  All this to say...I will be writing a little more about our fun time once I get those pics.

I looked around my house today and was completely overwhelmed by the mountains of laundry, dishes, clutter scattered hither and yon.  I didn't know where to start!  Then, this little thought struck my mind..."A good place to start is to get started."  I don't know if I heard that somewhere or just made it up.  But, it's true, right?


Sometimes we just have to roll up our sleeves and dive in.


It reminds me of an anecdote I read once in a book about organizing, decluttering, cleaning, etc.  In the anecdote the woman was doing  a lot of what I was doing at that time...reading about ways to better do all those things.  And, in the story, her husband said, 'Instead of reading about vacuuming, why don't you just vacuum?'


Yup.  Sometimes you just gotta make stuff happen.  So, that's what I'm up to these days...trying to make stuff happen.


I hope you all are having blessed weeks.  I'll check in again soon.

4 comments:

  1. I'm crazy busy right now too...and I don't like it one bit! I want to go into the holidays being a little more relaxed and a little less busy...that's my goal. LOVE your quote! It's so true...sometimes things seem so much bigger and then once we get started...it's really not that bad. For about 6 months...I've been meaning to clean the cupboard under my sink...it is dirty and embarrassing. Finally, the other day I tackled it and it took me about 25 mins. Ridiculous! All that time I spent thinking about it...I just should have got started!
    I thought of you today when I read Clover Lane's post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen I so hear you!! I can barely find a minute to sit down at the computer let alone take pictures, upload and edit them, and then put a post together. By then Aubrey is awake and my hour and a half alone is over!!!:)
    Ahhhhhh...that is me sighing and taking a deep breath. I think we could all use one.:)
    Can't wait to hear more about your weekend away. You lucky girl!!!
    Enjoy the night,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, so true...stop reading and just do. I think this goes with what the Lord has been teaching me on "excuses"...we are always learning.

    So glad you had a nice get away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered where you've been the last few days ... of course, I know you're a busy mom, but I did miss reading your posts!

    Anyway, I completely and totally understand where you are coming from so know you are not alone! I have tons to do, myself!

    Looking forward to seeing pics of your birthday getaway!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails