- If you could go on two vacations, without any concerns, one with your family and one with your husband where would you go? Well, if there were no money, time, etc. concerns? For a family vacation I think it would be really cool if we had the freedom/ ability to take 6 mos. - 1 year to travel across the country in an RV. I haven't been west of Illinois (except for one brief weekend business trip to CA years ago). I'd love to see the Western part of our country. Plus, I remember one year when we were camping we met a family from New Zealand that was doing exactly that. They were homeschooling their children during the year that they were spending exploring the United States. Very cool. With my husband alone? Someplace super romantic - like Italy or Spain.
- If you could write a book, what author would you want to be like and why? Wow. This is a tough one. I used to read a ton. Lately I don't read all that much. However, if I were writing non-fiction I'd love to have the wit and humor of Julie Barnhill. If I were writing fiction, I'd love to have the ability to make a story & the characters come alive like Francine Rivers.
- If you could dream up the most romantic evening with your spouse, what would it be? Romantic? What's romantic? Time that we can actually hold an entire conversation without our children repeatedly interrupting us would be nice. Having a meal together that can be eaten without the constant wiping of spills, refereeing of arguments would also be pretty cool. If we could also work in a massage that would be nice.
- If you could hear your parents say anything about you, what would you want to hear? Ok - here's the thing. I know my mom reads my blog. Hi mom! Can I be honest here? I'd love to hear that they think I'm a good mom & that they're proud of me. I already know that's how my mom & dad feel. We can never hear words of affirmation too often though.
- If you were to have your dream job/career/extra-occupation, other than the blessings of what you are doing today, what would it be? I think either having some sort of a baking business or refinishing/ repurposing old furniture and reselling it would be fun. Maybe when all the children are in school I'll have the time.
- If you could be a missionary in any country, where would you go to serve? I'm going to say Kenya. My husband lived there assisting a missionary family for a year shortly after we first met. They have asked us each time they see us when we are going to come there together.
- If you could go back for a day, year or month in your past, what would it be and why? I would take a day to go back & have a talking to with my younger self in my 20's. I made a lot of poor choices then. Things that I regret. If I could go back & impart some wisdom to myself & some reassurance/ encouragement, that's what I'd do.
If you like doing this sort of thing too, consider yourself tagged. Here's my list of questions for you....
1. What is something you've never done that you really want to try?
2. If you could immerse yourself in another culture for a year -it's food, it's language, it's people - what would it be?
3. What is your oddest fear or phobia?
4. What do you see yourself doing when you are past the age of raising your children?
5. If you could have a superpower ( go ahead, use those imaginations) what would it be?
6. Is there a book or a film that you have watched that effected you profoundly & has stayed with you to this day?
7. Is there any habit or mannerism that you had as a child & you still have to this day? If so, what is it?
Thanks for playing!