Thursday, March 29, 2012

He's Back!

Who is back?  My husband!!!  I didn't mention it on here before, even though it's been at the front of my mind. But my husband just got back from a 9 day trip to Jamaica.  He went with a missions/work team from our church.  (Not the kind of stuff I wanted to announce on the world wide web while we were home alone...know what I'm sayin'?)


This trip was especially nostalgic for him because they went to the YWAM (Youth With A Mission) base in Montego Bay, Jamaica.  It's the same YWAM base John went to with his high school senior class 20 years earlier.  (John went to a small Christian school).


Also, one of his younger cousins is currently there as a staff member.  So, John was also excited to get to see him.


We definitely missed him while he was gone.  Nine days without my husband is the longest we've ever been apart since we've been married.  And, our boys definitely missed their daddy too!  There is great rejoicing in the land now that he is home.


He came back with some great stories & pictures and I'd like to share some of them here.  But, he took the camera with him to work, so I can't download the pics right now anyway.  It will have to wait for a future post.


In the meantime, we are so relieved to be back to 'normal' life!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home to your husband!
    Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that he had a safe trip back. Can't wait to see pictures of his travels.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard when hubby's are away...but so good when they return!:)
    He must have gottne some amazing pics.
    Can't wait to see more.
    have a happy day karen
    ps
    i could use a little beach right now;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about not posting when hubby is gone until hubby is back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails