Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I've Been Tagged

So, I was actually going to write my "Angry Mom" post next. But, it's time for something a bit on the lighter side don't you think?

As it turns out, Denise from Life With Four Boys...Coffee Please! tagged me with an award. Yay!

Denise's blog is one of the first blogs I ever came across. Of course she got my attention because she had 4 boys! (At the time, I think I still just had 3 boys). I love reading about Denise's adventures with her husband and boys. I really truly think our family would fit right in with them! And, Denise is just as sweet as can be. So, if you've never visited her blog you really, really should.

So, here's what I'm supposed to do...

Rules for accepting this award are:
1. Thank & Link back to the person who arwarded you this.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pay it forward to 5 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award.
Thank you Denise!
Now Denise actually had her boys make lists of things about her that they thought her readers should know. They were super cute lists. And, I thought that was such a neat idea. However, I will be sharing my own choice of 7 items with you. If I asked my boys right now (we had one of THOSE days yesterday) you'd probably get something like....My mom is mean. My mom is unfair. My mom makes me do too much work. Etc.
Things you may or may not know about me...
1. I have my degree in elementary & early childhood education. I taught public school for two years right out of college (6th grade, then 5th grade). I then taught Kindergarten at an early learning center and went on to become the assistant director for many years and then the director for a short time before I left to have my first child. I thought I was completely prepared for anything that motherhood could throw at me...and I was not.
2. I was 30 years old when I got married (actually only 2 months away from turning 31). This is not because I was focused only on my career. It's because it took me that long to find the right guy. I always wanted to be a wife and a mother and I was starting to wonder if it would ever happen for me. So, I have a real heart for single women who wish they could find the right guy and haven't. It's hard out there.
3. I used to love to sing Karaoke. It's been ages since I've done it. But, it is SO much fun. If you've never tried it you should! My 'signature song' used to be a song by Lita Ford. Go figure. Her music was so different from what I actually listened to.
4. My husband and I got engaged in Mexico. We were with a church group on a missions trip to an orphanage in Juarez. The last day of our trip he asked me to take a walk around the orphanage compound. At one point (far away from the buildings and people) he stopped walking and just kinda stood there seeming nervous. He asked me if I would want to take a missions trip again sometime. I was like 'Sure'. Then, he asked (as he fumbled in his pocket for the ring), 'Would you like to do it as my wife?'. The rest is history. Funny thing is, we haven't gone on another missions trip yet.
5. I love antiques and vintage stuff. Some of my favorite decorative eras include Art Deco and the 40's and 50's.
6. I have a dog named Abbey. She's a black lab/golden retriever mis. She was supposed to be a family dog. But I think she thinks she's all mine. She's usually positioned directly below wherever I'm sitting. She's an awesome dog, but also very protective. She 'protects' us with her barking. And sometimes I think she barks at the wind. It makes me a little crazy and just adds a bit more to the chaos of our home.
7. I love living in the country. It's the only place for me. No thanks to the suburbs or the city. I will happily visit other places & I love that experience. But then, take me home country roads!
Ok. Whew! That took me longer than I thought it would. Now, I am to pass this on to 5 newly discovered (to me) bloggers. I love all of you so it's so hard to choose. But here are some folks I've recently added to my sidebar...
Have a great day! And be sure to stop by and say hi to the ladies at these other blogs.


6 comments:

  1. LOVE the engagement story... how precious... Im all giddy now. LOL... I think its because you went to Mexico together even though it was a missions trip.. (can you tell im in desperate need for a honeymoon???) Hubby and I never got one. Thats what happens when your a military bride.... You say "I do" and then get orders =p oh well..
    Love it
    Xoxo
    GapGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers. I like the Mexico story. What a wonderful life you are leading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    I was so excited to hear you linked me to this and I loved your stories. It was really neat to learn a little more about you. I've loved reading your blog and am so happy that I discovered it.

    I love the Mexico story too. I have great memories of my time there and I just love how your husband proposed! Very romantic and quite a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was brave enough to do kareoke...seems like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, Karen, and THANK YOU!!! How fun to be linked up to this fun pay-it-forward award that you received!! I love your stories, especially about your engagement!! You're so sweet to consider me among that fine group of "recently discovered great bloggers" ... thank you so much!!

    Last July, I was passed a "versatile" blogger award from Kerri (at Pleasures of My Life) with the exact same rules and questions ... here's the link to when I participated so you can "get to know me" too ;-)

    http://luckyasaladybug.blogspot.com/2010/07/seriously-blog-award.html

    Thanks so much, Karen - it's been really fun following one another here in the blogosphere!!

    PS - I've been wondering how you're son is doing with the thumbsucking?? Did you ever try make a big effort to break the habit? We tried really hard (years ago), but my youngest (now 9!) STILL sucks her thumb ... it's been lifelong for her ... but both her pediatrician and her dentist have always known about it - and neither of them seem to care at all! Go figure! The bitter nail polish didn't work - neither did gloves/mittens, nothing ever worked ... so we wait for maturity to take over ... maybe by the time she's 16?!?! *sigh* ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant YOUR son ... not 'you're' son ... whoops ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails