Friday, December 10, 2010

A Christmas Challenge

A friend of mine shared this on Facebook.  It's a Matthew West song/ video based on the true story of a little boy who was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia at 13 months and how his family & neighbors pulled together to give him one last Christmas.  


I have to admit, videos like this are hard for me to watch.  A lot of times I pass right by posts like this without watching.  But, something (Someone?) told me to watch this.  I bawled.


I cannot fathom the pain these parents experienced.  I don't want to fathom it.  It's too much to bear.


But, something beautiful happens as you watch this video.  Something called Hope.





After I watched this.  I was challenged.


Over the Christmas season it seems that every store I go into is asking me at the checkout if I want to donate $1 toward this charity or that.  Sometimes I do.  But, other times (I'll admit it) I'm annoyed & I say "Not this time".


After watching this video I asked myself, 


Why not this time?


Why not every time?


$1.


It's not much.  And, if everyone gave just $1 each time we were shopping for stuff, stuff that will lay forgotten in a few more weeks most likely, then maybe something really huge can happen.


Something called Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails