Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Who He Is

Life has dealt us some blows lately...some big, some small.  The cumulative effect is that I've been feeling very bruised and battered...tired, lacking in hope.  My heart feels particularly vulnerable right now.

I sat down this morning to journal.  And, I started to list the attributes and character of God....the things I felt so desperately in need of.  Tentatively I began.  He is...

Gentle
Tender
Gracious

And as I started writing them, more came to mind....

Forgiving
Faithful
Loving 
Merciful

Then, I became hungry for them...these words that remind me who He is.  I pulled out my Bible and I began listing as many as I could

Slow to Anger
Powerful
Unchanging
Provider
Protector
Perfecter
Peace Giver

And from there, the list grew and grew.  Each word/ characteristic a balm to my soul.

Mighty
Healer
Majestic
One Who Sees
All Knowing
Invincible
Joy Giver
Hope Giver
Fulfiller of Promises
Kind 
Just
Glorious
Fair
Everlasting
Ever Present
Encourager
Divine
Deliverer
Creator
Counselor
Covenant Maker
Compassionate
Comforter
Caring
Burden Bearer
Beautiful
Able

And, I could have gone on.  This only scratches the surface.  

When I remind myself of who He is my soul is soothed.  And, I know I can trust him with this bruised heart of mine.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails