Wednesday, January 1, 2020

An Update and A New Year

I recently looked back at some old posts and realized something pretty momentous.  It was ten years ago, in 2010, that I began this blog. 

Where was I then?  Where was our family then? 

Well, there's much that hasn't changed.  We still live in the same house, in the same town, in the same school district.  Our 'starter home' when we married has been home all these (18) years. 

But, my, how our family has grown!  Not in numbers....  We had 4 boys then & 4 boys now.  But they are so much bigger.  Maturing into young men before my very eyes.

Ten years ago I had 4 boys aged 6 and under...one of which was an infant. 

Now my two oldest (16 and 14) tower over me.  My 12 year old is as tall as me and growing.  And, my baby....just turned 10. 

My dog, Abbey, is almost as gray as my husband and I.

Ten years ago I began a blog because I was knee deep in diapers and sleepless nights, and I needed something that was 'mine', something that helped me find a connection with others, something to do.... to create that would last.

And, how I love looking back at those early posts.  Actually I love looking back at all my posts.  It's a little window into my thoughts, my experiences, my family.  I read those posts and am reminded of things I'd forgotten...things that would have been lost if not recorded here.

My blogging style has changed over the years.  At first it was primarily about my family and a recording of our daily lives.  It morphed over the years into a place where I could record what God was speaking to me or working out in me.

I've all but abandoned it in recent years.  Facebook took over as a place where I could quickly record little tidbits from our lives and where I could find connection. 

But, I'm not ready to say goodbye. 

This blog is a reminder of the fact that I love to write.....that writing is something that helps keep me sane.  I may not ever be a popular blogger or author. But, the words I record have meaning to me....and that is enough.

So, I won't begin the new year with any grandiose plans to return to regular blogging.  But, I will pop on here from time to time....and record bits for the me ten years from now who will look back and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails