Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Something to Strive For...

My mother-in-law helped with Girls Scouts for years & years, starting with helping when her daughter (my sister in law) was a GS & up until just a few years ago.  A couple weekends ago she finally went through some old Girl Scout stuff she had stored in the barn.

I came across this.  It was typed on a piece of paper as part of an agenda for their meeting opening.  I was never a Girl Scout so I don't know if this is a standard Girl Scout thing or was just something their group used, but I thought it was great.

It said....
"Do more than belong...Participate
 Do more than care...Help
 Do more than believe...Practice
 Do more than be fair...Be kind
 Do more than forgive...Forget
 Do more than dream...Work
 Do more than teach...Inspire
 Do more than live...Grow
 Do more than be friendly...Be a friend
 Do more than give...Serve"

I love it!  Truly something to strive for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails