Saturday, April 29, 2017

Like Trees on a Hillside



Last night I had a dream.  Actually, it was more of a picture right before I woke up.  It was a picture of four trees on a hillside.  Normally I dream in color, but this picture was in gray-scale.  Nonetheless, it was beautiful.  The trees were bare-branched.   And the phrase 'Like trees on a hillside' crossed my mind.

Then I woke up.  But that image stuck with me.

I dream a lot.  And, most of my dreams are just dreams.  But, every now & then there will be a dream that stands out.  And, sometimes I have an image or a phrase that comes to mind right before I awake.

I've been trying to pay more attention to these.  I absolutely believe that God can speak to us in the midst of our dreams.  The fact that there were four trees in this dream seemed significant.  I immediately associated the four trees with my four sons.  (I also had a picture dream a few months ago of four clay pitchers, each with a different jewel-tone rim pouring out a liquid....I also associated that with my four sons).

I was curious if there was any biblical association or verse that I could find that mentioned trees on a hillside.  But, I couldn't seem to find anything exactly related to that.

I did find Matthew 5:14 which says, "
You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden"

And Isaiah 5:1 says "
I will sing for the one I love a song about his vineyard: My loved one had a vineyard on a fertile hillside."

But there wasn't anything that exactly spoke of trees on a hillside.

(Addition on 2/9/17 - Information I found online about trees on hillsides.  Interesting spiritual parallels...
"
Planting trees on slopes tends to be tricky, because soil becomes unstable when it's disturbed by running water, wind and gravity. All the plants, including trees, on a slope anchor the soil in place. Preparing the site for tree installation makes it easier for the tree to establish its roots. It is best to create flat terraces for trees in the planting location. The hardiest trees to plant on slopes survive harsh conditions while holding the soil in place."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails